A Week of Healing
Let me first start off by saying,
WOW! God was awesome this week! We did ministry in Diepsloot extention 12 and
13 and God showed up and showed out! The beginning of this week I was having a
hard time spiritually and just wanted to stay home. I felt like I had nothing
to give, but long story short, I was wrong. Tuesday we met a husband and wife
in the community. The wife did not really want to talk, but her husband invited
us in. As we sat and exchanged life stories with the husband, we found out that
they were Christians. At the end of our time with them, we asked if there was
anything they needed prayer for. The husband said yes, but then we looked to
the wife and she said no. As my friend was looking at her she began to hear
Holy Spirit. My friend said, “Momma, there is pain in your wrist?” and the wife
said, “Yes arthritis”. My friend then went on and said, and also in your
stomach there is pain?” and the wife replied, “Yes, and also in my back and
shoulders.” First off, it was so cool that Holy Spirit reviled that to my
friend. Second, what God did next blew me away. So we began to pray and we
asked if we could lay our hands on the places that she was in pain, so we did.
I started leading in prayer, and when we were done we asked, “So momma, how
does it feel?” With a smile on her face and laughing she said, “No more pain,
it’s gone”. It was then I realized, even though I felt I had nothing to give,
God had something to give through me. At my weakest, He is made strong.
You may think the story ends there,
but it doesn’t. The next day, we begin to find a street to minister on, but
before we could even look, God highlighted a man on the side of the road with
crutches. I felt the need to go talk to him, but I kept walking. I tried to
shake it off, but I couldn’t. As I turned around to tell my team I wanted to go
talk with Him, my friend Jacob said, “Hey we need to go talk with that man” (I
love how God works!). We made our way there and introduced ourselves; he
introduced himself as Lucky. We started talking with Lucky and getting to know
him. After a while, we asked him what happened to his foot. He said a few
months back something began to grow on his foot causing it to swell and be in a
lot of pain which caused his hip to hurt as well. We asked if we could pray and
he said that was fine, so we did! After we asked him to see if it was better.
He said it was a little better, but he still needed to use the crutches. My
friend Christal felt led to ask, “Do you know the God we are praying to?” and
Lucky replied no. We went on to sharing the gospel with him, and telling him
the story of creation all the way to the cross. We found out that he did go to
church when he was younger, but we highly expressed to him that now that he
understands this is a choice HE has to make, not his parents. After we told him
the story he said he wanted Jesus. Before we prayed again, we asked him about
the string on his wrist. He said he got it from ZCC which is a church that
believes in ancestors and that the strings, when worn, possess healing and
protection powers. We told him that Jesus does not need strings or special
teas, etc. We need to only say His name and he shows up. You could see a spark
in his eyes ignite, we asked if he wanted to take the bracelet off and he said
yes. One we took off the bracelet we prayed for salvation, as well as his
healing again, then asked him to pray for himself. After that we asked, “Well,
how does it feel now?” With a smile on his face he said, “It’s fine, no more
pain.” Christal said, off your crutches and walk just as
the lame man took up his bed and walked, and he did! HE STARTED WALKING WITH NO
CRUTCHES!
That’s not all! Before we could
even take a step a lady came up to my friend Abigail and they started talking.
Abigail then said, “Do you have pain in your chest? Is it hard to breathe?” and
the lady said yes. We then prayed for her, and she was healed! Like, wow! God
never ceases to amaze His children. He did all that, and I encourage you, that
is not just for South Africa ,
it is for every nation and every soul! HE WORKS THROUGH YOU! Like I always say,
if you make yourself available, God makes you part of a miracle.



Comments
Post a Comment