19 in Africa!
Thursday was a great day! I had an
awesome day of Holiday Kids Club in the preschools as well as a great day of
ministry in Eskom! For my birthday I was chased in the community by my team because
as an Africa tradition, you pour water on the
birthday girl/boy. You can imagine people were laughing as I yelled “The malungus
(white people) are trying to get me!” When we got home my friends made me one
of my favorite dinners, loaded tacos. I guess it’s my favorite because that’s as
close as you get to Taco Bell here haha. My friend Abigail made me a chocolate
swirl cheesecake, but we ate that the next day, but it was still yummy! After
dinner I got baptized “Nacho Libre” style in place of getting soaked for the
African tradition. Logan
filled up a bowl of water and shoved my face in it! It wasn’t too bad, I rather
that then getting thrown in the pool. I then got lettuce thrown at me which Tyler called confetti;
find a way make a way as we say here. Last, to end the night we watch Star
Wars: The Empire Strikes Back on the projector, one of my favorite movies of
all time! I have to say, I was a little nervous about being away from home for
my birthday. I have never been away from home for my birthday, but everyone
made me feel at home. It was a great 19th birthday here in Africa ! Thanks to my awesome fellow interns! Love you
all!



Comments
Post a Comment