Faith

I have been to Africa and back, it gives a dramatic culture shock. One day one the bus in South Africa, my teammates started to share testimonies that happen through that ministry day. Now, nothing crazy happen to me, but I wanted to share something. As I stood up in the bus to share I immediately started to weep. Passing these shacks what they call home was a hard thing for me to even see. These amazing people of Africa live in shacks made of sheets of scrap metal or wood. I pulled my self together and started to share my heart, but it wasn't long till I broke down again. "These people have so little. As I look and I am doing ministry I always see them smiling. When I speak to someone they have hope and faith. How can someone with so little have so much faith? Why can't we be like that? I want to be like that. These people have nothing, but they have faith that the will eat tonight. In America we have so stinking much and no faith, at all why? People here in Africa don't have any material thing to put their faith in so they put it in God. Sometimes I wish I had nothing. Maybe then I would have faith overflowing." It's crazy how temporary things here on earth can captivate our faith. Is your faith in temporary material things or in God?

Comments

Popular Posts