Don't Become Numb
It all started at 4AM when we were all woken up by screaming and whistles; “Surprise! We are going to Botswana for a week!” My heart instantly sank as the week prior had been so busy and all I wanted to do was sleep. However, once the 20 minutes for packing was up and we were on our way, I started to get excited.
It was a three-hour drive and I’ll be honest, I slept most of the way, but the last 30-45 minutes was on a dirt road heading deep into the bush of Africa.Looking at the destination where we were designated to live for the next week wasn’t much, just a flat property of dirt. We pitched up our tent, set up camp, and got the run-down of what it’s like to take bucket showers. Can I just say, I am SO grateful for toilets and showers!
Our ministry in Metlobo entailed fetching fire wood in the bush, outreach within the village, and building the foundation the pastors home that will be used for discipleship for those within the village. I loved Botswana so much! One of the best moments was holding a three-year-old orphan boy. I was able to see him two days in a row, due to the village being so small, but each time my heart broke for him and I would cry. He was such a joy to cuddle with, and so refreshing for my spirit. Looking back, I am so grateful the Lord broke my heart once more for His people, for His child. Living this life overseas and going out into the communities as an everyday thing, can cause one to become numb. However, in this moment, the Lord broke me, and to that I am thankful. My hearts cry is never to become numb to the life God as called me, no matter how routine it may feel. I want to be broken continuously and live my life for the gospel.

Comments
Post a Comment